1 head cauliflower (2 lb), cut into florets
2 Tb olive oil
1/4 tsp whole cumin seed
red pepper flakes
1 cup plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
1 Tb lemon juice
1) Heat oven to 425 F. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle florets with oil and sprinkle with cumin seed, salt, and red pepper flakes.
2) Roast, stirring once, until golden brown and tender, about 25 min. Let cool.
3) In food processor, purée cauliflower with yogurt and lemon juice. Season with salt.
4) Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with red pepper flakes. Serve as dip with radicchio or endive (separated), carrot sticks, crackers, etc.
* This dip only gets better as the flavors meld. Store in refrigerator for about five days.
* Nutrition Information: This recipe serves 4. Per serv. 142 cals; 8 g fat (2 g sat fat); 5 mg chol; 13 g carb; 135 mg sodium; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber